How Often Do You Like To Go Swimming?

cpvr

Administrator
Founding Member
I like to go swimming at least 2-3 times every week. Generally, I'm usually in the pool for about 45 minutes up wards to one hour, but it all depends how long it takes me to swim 5-6 laps in the pool. To me, swimming is one of the easiest cardio workouts that you can do.

So, how often do you like to go swimming? Do you like to do laps or not really? Do you like to dive in, jump in or something else? Personally, I love doing a cannon ball and causing waves in the pool. ;) I'm really good at doing cannon balls.

I love to swim! If I'm lucky to get 3 months out of the year to swim that's a lot. You know how the northeast is.

The lake is a 10 minute drive from me but it's $5 a head if you go during the day. I usually go after they close at 7pm and swim for an hour or so. When the life guards leave at 7 they make everyone get out of the water. Once the leave everyone goes right back in anyhow.

When the lifeguards aren't there I'll swim outside the ropes and across the lake if I don't see any boats around. That usually takes me a good half hour - 45 minutes.

I'm thinking about just going up to the government center and getting a season pass for $15. The price isn't bad at all but I worry I won't use it enough. My biggest issue is getting enough time to go there. I'd most likely go in the evening anyhow so why blow $15 for a pass I might use 3-4 times. 3 times is the break even point if I don't use it more than that I wasted time going to get the pass. If I use it less I wasted money vs just paying at the gate.

We don't have much for sandy beaches, but there is a couple lakes that aren't bad to swim in. We are getting a thunderstorm as I am typing. My dog is going , berserk, because she hates the sound of thunder. I am unable to swim since my spinal fusion surgery a few years ago. I enjoy just getting bit wet on a hot day. If the horse flies aren't to bad. They are quite bothersome sometimes, and those pesky sand flies. Swimming is a valuable excercise everyone should have the opportunity to learn. Its a fun way to burn off fat.

We don't have much for sandy beaches, but there is a couple lakes that aren't bad to swim in. We are getting a thunderstorm as I am typing. My dog is going , berserk, because she hates the sound of thunder. I am unable to swim since my spinal fusion surgery a few years ago. I enjoy just getting bit wet on a hot day. If the horse flies aren't to bad. They are quite bothersome sometimes, and those pesky sand flies. Swimming is a valuable excercise everyone should have the opportunity to learn. Its a fun way to burn off fat.

We don't have many true beaches here either. The park I linked to above is a regular old lake with a small man-made sand area. It's nice though. It's a hike just to get back up from the lake. Totally agree with the horseflies and mosquitoes they're annoying little buggers.

Swimming is the only exercise that doesn't bother my joints. You can always doggy paddle just don't go too far out. :)

Last edited:
I love to swim! If I'm lucky to get 3 months out of the year to swim that's a lot. You know how the northeast is.

The lake is a 10 minute drive from me but it's $5 a head if you go during the day. I usually go after they close at 7pm and swim for an hour or so. When the life guards leave at 7 they make everyone get out of the water. Once the leave everyone goes right back in anyhow.

When the lifeguards aren't there I'll swim outside the ropes and across the lake if I don't see any boats around. That usually takes me a good half hour - 45 minutes.

I'm thinking about just going up to the government center and getting a season pass for $15. The price isn't bad at all but I worry I won't use it enough. My biggest issue is getting enough time to go there. I'd most likely go in the evening anyhow so why blow $15 for a pass I might use 3-4 times. 3 times is the break even point if I don't use it more than that I wasted time going to get the pass. If I use it less I wasted money vs just paying at the gate.
I think the lake of conroe by myself is $10 a person, but you can rent jet skis and boats for a hefty prices. I actually was a lifeguard when I was younger, but I was working as night stocker for a local grocery store, so I didn't get the chance to work that position a lot. Our pool closes at 10PM and it's swim at your own risk. It's been closed for this entire past week because some dumbass decided to bust a beer bottle in the pool and it destroyed the motor. So maintenance had to replace it.
We don't have many true beaches here either. The park I linked to above is a regular old lake with a small man-made sand area. It's nice though. It's a hike just to get back up from the lake. Totally agree with the horseflies and mosquitoes they're annoying little buggers.

Swimming is the only exercise that doesn't bother my joints. You can always doggy paddle just don't go too far out. :)
I love to swim at the beaches because if I have a surf board, I'm riding the waves and busting my ass. :P I don't think I can swim in any of the beaches in Galveston, Texas, which is actually an hr or two away for me because of this http://www.khou.com/story/news/loca...eaches-test-high-for-fecal-bacteria/29185871/

I'm 100% good on swimming out there. :P

Lmao they're always running news stories about high fecal bacteria in the city beaches up here it's funny. I wouldn't swim in that shit (literally).

I haven't gotten a chance to swim in a good few weeks now which bums me out as I love it. I'm technically not supposed to go in lakes due to the bacteria because I have an ulcer that opens and closes on my leg but so far I've been lucky.