A Go To Low Cal Favorite Food Or Dish ?

wildbirdy

Founding Member
I really like celery .My husband hates me crunching on it in front of him. I have strong teeth. Maybe that makes more noise , I don't know, but it really bothers him. Especially when he is watching the news or a movie.

Last edited:
I've read that celery is a "calorie negative" food. Which means it takes your body more energy to chew and digest it than the celery consists of but I don't know how true it is. That's funny about your husband. My ex-girlfriend used to hate what I ate pistachios. I always bought them roasted with the shell half split open so I'd separate the shell fully with my teeth for some reason it drove her nuts. It was kinda funny. :D

I'd have to say my favorite low fat healthy dish is the fruit cups that the grocery store across the street from me sells. It's all fresh fruit (honey do, cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries and blueberries, etc) cut up in chunks in to-go cup. They're a little expensive but I enjoy them quite a bit in the summer.

I like celery as well, but I haven't had any in awhile. Carrots are nice too, but my favorite low calorie food would have to be any yogurt that's high in fiber or protein and has less than 200 calories. If I don't have any yogurt, then a bowl of fruit works for me.
I've read that celery is a "calorie negative" food. Which means it takes your body more energy to chew and digest it than the celery consists of but I don't know how true it is. That's funny about your husband. My ex-girlfriend used to hate what I ate pistachios. I always bought them roasted with the shell half split open so I'd separate the shell fully with my teeth for some reason it drove her nuts. It was kinda funny. :D

I'd have to say my favorite low fat healthy dish is the fruit cups that the grocery store across the street from me sells. It's all fresh fruit (honey do, cantaloupe, watermelon, strawberries and blueberries, etc) cut up in chunks in to-go cup. They're a little expensive but I enjoy them quite a bit in the summer.
My fiance always gets mad at me because I love to eat all the strawberries when we buy some because they're just so damn good. I can't just eat one of them lmao. I like peanuts as well because they don't have a ton of calories.

I just scored some celery from a friend of mine -- I went to work on her computer yesterday. She had to buy a case to get it at a really cheap price so I got a pack of it. I'll probably use it mostly as a snack but might throw some in with potatoes and onions I'm roasting tomorrow.