How To Get Relief From All Sorts Of Pain ?

wildbirdy

Founding Member
2417459713_kitten_in_flower_pot_xlarge.jpeg For a migraine headache, I use cold cloth or compress, lay down in dark room, no noise, take pain reliever. I sometimes have to take gravel.(pill)

Dan The Man

Da Big Guy
Staff member
BGLW Regular
I very rarely get headaches (thank God). I have a couple of friends who suffer from migraines and they really do suffer something terrible. For the times that I do get headaches, it's normally sinus related; I find if I flush my nose with a little Saline, take a couple of Tylenol, and lay down for a bit I'm good to go.

Most of my pain is joint related (arthritis) so I'm a pretty big fan of NSAIDS (Alieve (Naproxen), Advil (Ibuprofen), etc) I take prescription Alieve twice a day. I'm on a blood thinner so I cannot take to much of the NSAIDS as there's an inherent bleeding risk with them alone not to mention mixing them with a blood thinner (D'Oh!). I really wish I could take some of the new line NSAIDs as I have a couple friends that rave about them but I had my doctor prescribe me one and it gave me pretty bad chest pains so I had to drop it. NSAIDs also carry a risk of heart attack / stroke. I don't need none of that. ;)

For my nerve pain (back & leg) and arthritis pain that's not controlled by the Naproxen, I take Percocet (Oxycodone and Tylenol) which is an Opiate so I'm real care with how often and how much I take as I don't need an addiction but usually Percocet works for me even if it does make me a little 'flighty' mentally.

wildbirdy

Founding Member
I very rarely get headaches (thank God). I have a couple of friends who suffer from migraines and they really do suffer something terrible. For the times that I do get headaches, it's normally sinus related; I find if I flush my nose with a little Saline, take a couple of Tylenol, and lay down for a bit I'm good to go.

Most of my pain is joint related (arthritis) so I'm a pretty big fan of NSAIDS (Alieve (Naproxen), Advil (Ibuprofen), etc) I take prescription Alieve twice a day. I'm on a blood thinner so I cannot take to much of the NSAIDS as there's an inherent bleeding risk with them alone not to mention mixing them with a blood thinner (D'Oh!). I really wish I could take some of the new line NSAIDs as I have a couple friends that rave about them but I had my doctor prescribe me one and it gave me pretty bad chest pains so I had to drop it. NSAIDs also carry a risk of heart attack / stroke. I don't need none of that. ;)

For my nerve pain (back & leg) and arthritis pain that's not controlled by the Naproxen, I take Percocet (Oxycodone and Tylenol) which is an Opiate so I'm real care with how often and how much I take as I don't need an addiction but usually Percocet works for me even if it does make me a little 'flighty' mentally.
My doctor told me not to take Advil , which I do prefer over Tylenol, because Advil can raise your blood pressure. Which for me sucks, cuz I get more pain relief longer from Advil and my stomach handles Advil better.

Dan The Man

Da Big Guy
Staff member
BGLW Regular
My doctor told me not to take Advil , which I do prefer over Tylenol, because Advil can raise your blood pressure. Which for me sucks, cuz I get more pain relief longer from Advil and my stomach handles Advil better.
I didn't know Advil has an effect on BP. I'll have to look up Alieve as it's in the same class of drugs as Advil. I hope I don't have to give up my Alieve.

I'm cautious with Tylenol because it's bad for you liver. If you take it multiple times a day for a prolonged time it can cause have a pretty serious effect on your liver.